By Eugene Spafford (auth.), Martin S. Olivier, Sujeet Shenoi (eds.)
ADVANCES IN electronic FORENSICS II
Edited through: Martin S. Olivier and Sujeet Shenoi
Digital forensics offers with the purchase, maintenance, exam, research and presentation of digital facts. Networked computing, instant communications and transportable digital units have extended the function of electronic forensics past conventional laptop crime investigations. virtually each crime now includes a few element of electronic proof; electronic forensics offers the suggestions and instruments to articulate this facts. electronic forensics additionally has myriad intelligence purposes. additionally, it has a necessary position in info coverage – investigations of safeguard breaches yield worthwhile info that may be used to layout safer systems.
Advances in electronic Forensics II describes unique learn effects and leading edge functions within the rising self-discipline of electronic forensics. moreover, it highlights the various significant technical and felony concerns concerning electronic facts and digital crime investigations. The parts of insurance include:
- Themes and matters in electronic Forensics
- Evidence amassing and Handling
- Forensic Techniques
- Operating method and dossier method Forensics
- Network Forensics
- Portable digital machine Forensics
- Linux and dossier process Forensics
- Training, Governance and criminal concerns
This e-book is the second one quantity within the anual sequence produced by way of the overseas Federation for info Processing (IFIP) operating crew 11.9 on electronic Forensics, a world group of scientists, engineers and practitioners devoted to advancing the cutting-edge of study and perform in electronic forensics. The e-book encompasses a number of twenty-five edited papers from the 1st Annual IFIP WG 11.9 convention on electronic Forensics, held on the nationwide heart for Forensic technology, Orlando, Florida, united states within the spring of 2006.
Advances in electronic Forensics is a vital source for researchers, college participants and graduate scholars, in addition to for practitioners and contributors engaged in learn and improvement efforts for the legislations enforcement and intelligence communities.
Martin S. Olivier is a Professor of laptop technological know-how and co-manager of the data and machine safeguard Architectures learn crew on the collage of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa.
Sujeet Shenoi is the F.P. Walter Professor of laptop technology and a relevant with the heart for info defense on the college of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
For additional info concerning the three hundred different books within the IFIP sequence, please stopover at www.springeronline.com.
For additional info approximately IFIP, please stopover at www.ifip.org.
Read or Download Advances in Digital Forensics II: IFIP international Conference on Digital Forensics, National Center for Forensic Science, Orlando, Florida, January 29– February 1, 2006 PDF
Best international_1 books
Universal Access in Human-Computer Interaction. Aging and Assistive Environments: 8th International Conference, UAHCI 2014, Held as Part of HCI International 2014, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, June 22-27, 2014, Proceedings, Part III
The four-volume set LNCS 8513-8516 constitutes the refereed complaints of the eighth foreign convention on common entry in Human-Computer interplay, UAHCI 2014, held as a part of the sixteenth foreign convention on Human-Computer interplay, HCII 2014, held in Heraklion, Crete, Greece in June 2014, together with 14 different thematically related meetings.
This quantity offers the lawsuits of the third overseas convention on Nanotechnologies and Biomedical Engineering which used to be hung on September 23-26, 2015 in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. ICNBME-2015 maintains the sequence of overseas meetings within the box of nanotechnologies and biomedical engineering.
- Machines, Computations, and Universality: 7th International Conference, MCU 2015, Famagusta, North Cyprus, September 9-11, 2015, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- 7th International Munich Chassis Symposium 2016: chassis.tech plus (Proceedings)
- Collaboration Technologies and Social Computing: 8th International Conference, CollabTech 2016, Kanazawa, Japan, September 14-16, 2016, Proceedings (Communications in Computer and Information Science)
- [(Contemporary Challenges to International Business )] [Author: Kevin Ibeh] [Apr-2009]
- Proceedings of the 20th International Symposium on Advancement of Construction Management and Real Estate
Additional info for Advances in Digital Forensics II: IFIP international Conference on Digital Forensics, National Center for Forensic Science, Orlando, Florida, January 29– February 1, 2006
4. Conclusions Digital Evidence Bags (DEBs) mimic traditional evidence bags by providing a standard container for arbitrary digital evidence, with an integrated audit log and metadata that describes the evidence and the forensic processes applied to the evidence. Digital-forensics-aware operating system components - as provided by native file system support for DEBs - can significantly improve the performance and consistency of forensic investigations . The power of DEBs is increased substantially by providing a standard API and native file system support, because new applications (specifically written to support DEBs) and native applications (which use standard Unix system calls for 1/0) can take advantage of automatic auditing of forensic operations.
Section 3 deals with the problem of preparing the evidence for reliable and authenticated upload over MANETs . 1 describes how a digest is prepared for the data and how the digest together with the data are fragmented using IDA. It also explains how a unique witness packet can be appended to each fragment to permit proofs of membership. 2 discusses the generation of fragment witnesses. Section 4 provides the conclusions. 44 2. ADVANCES IN DIGITAL FORENSICS II Establishing Secure Group Communication One of the biggest challenges for secure group communication is efficient group re-keying for dynamically mutating groups.
The DEB format consists of a directory that includes a tag file, one or more index files, and one or more bag files. The tag file is a text file that contains metadata such as the name and organization of the forensic examiner, hashes for the contained information, and data definitions. Several prototype tools have been created for DEBs, including a bag viewer and a selective imager. 3. Advanced Forensic Format The Advanced Forensic Format (AFF) is a single, flexible format that can be used for a variety of tasks.